Thursday, January 15, 2009

ACHE

I hurt.

But it is a funny sort of hurt.

Always before, when I have had a workout, my whole body (or at least complementary muscles on both sides) have ached almost equally badly.

Not now.

Last night, my friend and I went to the first class of beginner's Fencing. It was really wonderful.
This morning I was surprised that I didn't ache at all and I expressed such to my friend who didn't either.

But as the day wore on, there crept an ache from neck downwards and stiffened to make walking, sitting, and rising rather painful.

I wouldn't even bother to blog about pain were it not that this pain is so unusual. For you see, it affects the right half of my body alone: the left suffers no ache. I hope this is not a portent of things to come.

It's really quite uncomfortable to hurt so terribly on only one side. It makes for an interesting climb up and down stairs.

2 comments:

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

I'm not sure what to say. I hope the hurt goes away. Or, barring that, should I pray that your left side starts to hurt as badly as your right?

sarahlaughed said...

Yes, definitely. That way, I could at least walk balanced with a waddle rather than limp!