Friday, January 25, 2008

This has been A DAY!!

First of all, welcome to January 25, 2008, the day when truthquestioner watches strange new movie (in class) has strange new thoughts (not surprising) talks to strange new people (actually not so new but still strange) and takes her first voice lesson at college (72 min from now).

I think that I'll post several things if I have time so bear with me. I realize that I am really writing to myself, since Karen is the only one who can read this yet.

First, the strange new movie. In interpersonal communication class, we are watching "Dangerous Minds". I'm not sure what to think. It is interesting. What do I mean by "interesting"?
Now I totally digress. When I say "interesting" I usually mean that something is worth thinking about and considering, but I simply haven't taken a position on it yet because I haven't thought about it. On the other hand, I do use the word "interesting" to mean that a subject has caught and held my attention. I also use the word when I don't really have anything to say.
Wow. That's three different meanings for one word!

Any way, I might tell y'all what I think of "Dangerous Minds" once our class finishes watching it. I might even post the report I have to write! (a new subject for the SCHOLAR)

Strange new thoughts. That would be wondering what the orthodox approach to cultural differences is. I've never asked the question so I don't have an answer. (Pr. Stuckwisch, here's and addition to the list...)

Strange (old) people. There is a guy I generally stay away from that I ended up talking to for an hour today. Same song as the last conversation I had with him, but second verse. This time however he came a leap closer to doctrinal orthodoxy. We concluded that Christ died for the sin of the world and actually agreed that faith is a gift from God and grasps the promises of Christ. He even conceded that God works faith by the Holy Spirit through God's Word!
If we ever talk again (preferably not, though) we might just actually get to open the whole Sacrament can of worms.
Even though I'm a little nervous about this guy, it was exciting to see him actually get closer to what Scripture says. In our last conversation, he had argued that we are saved because we do good things. This conversation was a HUMONGOUS step in the right direction. (if that is spelled wrongly, please correct me.)

As for the voice lesson, I really can't say because I haven't gone yet. I have no idea what it will be like or what my instructor will have me do. I just hope I can sing some halfway decent songs. I remain forever suspicious of modern lyrics!

Not Yours, Truly!

Truthquestioner

2 comments:

the celebrated author said...

*gasp* You take voice lessons? So far i've gotten good songs. There's one about a lamb that's okay, and one in German, and a transposed Handel one that's real neat.

I'm so stealing that "Not Yours, Truly" thing. Maybe i'll give you credit. Maybe.

Snap said...

Hee hee hee.
Never can get rid of him :)