Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holy Trinity.

This should have been posted over a week ago. Unfortunately, my internet time has been greatly diminished.

So, it never really “clicked” before. I’m externally processing: feel free to offer corrections and counsel.
Three persons. One God. One substance of divinity. And that substance of divinity is love. Love for me. Love for all sinners.
Three distinct persons but not different in substance from each other. That is why Jesus can say, “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father,” and why Paul (I think it’s Paul?) talks about the Holy Spirit being the Spirit of Christ, for the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son and is of the same substance of love.
So it is not as if God the Father really is out to get me but the Son stands in His way to save me. Rather all Three Persons love me and act for my salvation.
Pretty neat. Ya'll probably knew this already - and maybe I knew it somewhere up in the mangled mess of neurons between my ears - but it never really hit home till now.

No comments: